Upper Eyelid reduction – Upper lid Blepharoplasty
Age, familial characteristics and excessive sun exposure can make the upper lids droop. Heavy hooded upper eyelids will make you look tired even when you’re not, older and stern. The excess hanging skin makes it challenging to apply eye make-up. Hooding of upper lid skin can be more than a cosmetic problem. If the loose folds hang over the eyelashes, they could block your vision. Upper Blepharoplasty can remove overhanging skin, revitalize your appearance, restore your vision, and give your confidence a boost. Upper Eyelid Surgery is usually carried out under local anesthetic as a day case procedure
The incision is made along one of the natural lines in the upper eyelid which ensures that the scar is discreet and is placed in the natural crease of the upper lid. They are fine, fade quickly, and are hidden when you open your eyes. Excess fat is also removed, the loose muscle is tightened and the excess skin is trimmed away.
Blepharoplasty is a highly effective treatment for the signs of aging around the eye area and can be combined with a Minimally Invasive Brow Lift when the is brow is also drooping. The procedure is suitable for men and women looking for a quick and effective way to eliminate the tell-tale signs of aging around the eyes.
Upper Blepharoplasty Details
– First appointment: £200
– Procedure Price: £4,500- All inclusive price
– Follow-up: No charge, 3 appointments up to 1 year.
– Duration: 60 to 90 mins.
– Anaesthetic: Local Anaesthetic.
– Length of stay: Outpatient procedure (Home the same day).
– Pain: Mild with over the counter painkillers
– Sutures: Absorbable sutures. Fall out on their own
– Time off work: 5 days
– Shower: 48 hours
– Exercise (including Gym) 2 weeks
– 5-7 days for the main swelling and bruising to subside after eyelid surgery.
– Majority of results are seen within 1 month with continued improvement over 3-6 months.